Dave Willis once said, “Don’t use social media to impress people: use it to impact people.”
Most of the population is unaware of the role of social media in developing a business. Social media is a digital tool that allows users to create and share content with the public. It encompasses various websites and apps like twitter, specializing in sharing links and short written messages. One of the social media marketing tools is social media posters. But “THINK” (Is it ….True? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?) before you use or share anything on the media. Because The internet is forever, don’t develop a bad reputation.
Posters were used as a medium to convey information to the people. Nowadays, posters are used as a marketing strategy that diverts the attention to business-related events. A creative and attractive poster design for business products can convert viewers into buyers.
Posters play a vital role in promoting a business. As small businesses look for cost-cutting in marketing, they use posters to grab customers’ attention. Posters must be straightforward so that viewers can focus on the message. One must put as much effort into displaying their products as they do in creating them.
Essential tips to be considered while designing a poster
- Company’s branding
- Social media pages or posters can be featured by types of images, such as their essential products and services. In contrast, others promote a featured social media or marketing campaign. The company logo is typically displayed in the profile picture.
- Make sure that design is consistent with the company’s branding.
- Specified dimensions
- Use the correct image sizes.
- There are recommended dimensions for each social media image, background.
- Your social media page designs are only going to be displayed on the screen. No CMYK colors here, only RGB colors.
- Every dealer looks for a strong identity through social media.
- So, even if we consistently update the company’s poster’s imagery, the overall look and feel must be the same.
- The brain processes images thousands of times faster than it processes text, so more space should be devoted to the pictures than text. Keep the content-based image.
- Appropriate selection of font and font size is necessary for an attractive and catchy poster.
- Pay attention to how the placement of the image interacts with the header.
- For easy viewing, make the main content of your banner image more oriented to the right than to the left (avoid overlapping). Don’t leave any blank space.
- Rules and regulations
- Ensure that you follow the guidelines, i.e., your design must abide by every platform’s rules.
- Your design should not contain any copyrighted images, and your design should not violate any site.
- Social media aims to engage with the audience to have creative freedom in design and make it creative and attractive.
- Keep it simple
- If the poster or page is being designed for a campaign, then keep it simple. Use a catchy image and a short text. By helping reduce clutter, you’re more likely to get your message across.
Social media being a practical platform, can spread your ideas throughout the world. So, stop thinking about what I or my ideas can do and start sharing your thoughts because an idea can change the world.